Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ocho.

Eight months. 2/3 of a year completed. I can't believe it!
You started off this month very frustrated that you couldn't crawl.
Those were some trying times for your Dad and I because you wouldn't let us set you down whatsoever, you just wanted to be held.
I wanted you to crawl so badly because I saw how frustrated you were and it was heartbreaking!
Towards the middle of the month you became a little more content with your lack of mobility and only occassionally tried to crawl after that.
And then, on the very day of your 8th month birthday, you started crawling! Hooray!
You said your first word this month, "Mama". Music to my ears.
The other night you had a sleepover with Oma and when I went to say goodbye to you, you said "Mama" and then reached to give me a hug.
It is incredible how those little moments can make all frustration and tiredness dissapate immediately.
You went to Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July. You screamed for two whole hours in the car ride up there.
You didn't sleep very well over the 5 days and I could tell you were getting continually more exhausted.
To top things off you got sick for the first time and it was the flu!
Mom and Dad talked for a long time about having to drive the six hours home with you when you were sick and exhausted and decided it would be best if we flew home with you.
So you and I did our first solo flight together.
It was.....an adventure.
While we were in Tahoe you went boating for the first time and loved it! How cute you were in your little lifevest!
You were pretty subdued while on the boat and wouldn't really move much but for several hours after any boatride you were in a magically content and happy mood.
I know you weren't feeling well and you really were well behaved considering but I think I am done travelling in close quarters with other people around for a while.
It is stressful, especially when I'm nursing you and then realize ten minutes later that your legs are all over the very quite elderly man's lap next to me. Whoopsies.
You still love to eat and eat most everything I give you, except you have stopped eating bananas and aren't crazy about turkey.
We took you swimming at Grandma Mary's and Grandpa Greg's and the water was so cold that I really thought you would have a fit. So cold that I wouldn't even get in! But after ten seconds of adjusting you were in heaven! It was so fun to watch you scream and kick your legs in the water. I think you would have stayed in there all day if we had let you.
It is incredible to me how mobile you have become. I honestly see the babyness evaporating out of you and it pulls at my heartstrings and makes me excited all at the same time.
I know I will miss hodling your little body and feeling the weight of you against me but I can't wait to watch your personality develop and to continually explore the world with you.
I know you are really going to grow up over these next few months so I am trying so hard to savor this time now.
I love you so much, Little Ol Riversie Bunsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment